Here at NIS we are fully committed to the process of continual improvement in order to offer the best possible education to our students. Accreditation offers us the opportunity to reflect on our practice and to maintain the excellence of our academic programme in line with the highest international standards. Gaining external validation of the quality of our school programme is achieved through the accreditation process.
NIS hosted an accreditation Team Visit in September 2017 which consisted of members of our accrediting agencies, the Council of International School (CIS), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), the National Centre for Curriculum and Textbooks (NCCT) and the International Baccalaureate (IB).
These are selected comments from the Accreditation Report:
- “The entire school community of NIS truly lives their Guiding Statements. Students, faculty, staff and parents are knowledgeable about the school’s Mission and the Visiting Team was impressed by how effectively NIS has become an inclusive learning community. It was clear to the Visiting Team that there Is a real commitment to inspire International mindedness, personal excellence and creative thinking. Throughout the school the Mission and the Strategy Goals “Student Voice and Choice” and “Burst the Bubble”, drive decision-making and educational practice.”
- “Students come to NIS with a positive attitude toward learning. There is a polite, upbeat and healthy environment at NIS that nurtures students and provides them the confidence and skills to succeed. Teachers are enthusiastic and have created a student-centred environment that fosters an inquiry based approach to learning.”
- “Parents spoke highly of the school and its faculty and staff, and they consistently mentioned how happy their children are at NIS and the positive school climate. The creation of the Strategy Team to advance the Strategy Goals fosters a culture of respect for the host country, student responsibility for learning, risk-taking and innovation.”
- “Students at all levels participate in a wide range of after school activities offered at NIS. In addition, the school campus is utilized by many parents and community groups. Parents informed the Visiting Team that they feel welcomed at the school and appreciate that they are encouraged to use the facility.”
- “It is clear that there are many positive things happening at the school. NIS has created an environment where students are actively engaged in learning, teachers are skilled and care about their pupils and parents are well informed and supportive of the school.”